to be loved is to be seen
today is the day i started writing again. thank you hubs for inspiring me :))
I stand there in the cold, my hands tucked in my pockets, scarf wrapped snuggly around my neck and watch the little iridescent flakes fall to the ground. It's bright out still, the sky glowing softly as I retreat into my mind. They say love is supposed to be gentle, hands to hold as you cry, hair tucked behind an ear. But how could loving me be gentle when my mind is not? I pull out my phone to try and capture the beauty of the snow but stop as I see myself on the little screen instead. I stop for a moment, holding my breath and watch as the snowflakes fall and land on my eyelashes melting almost immediately. My hair has grown long now, falling across my shoulders, a dark contrast against the white. It's damp, reviving my curls. My cheeks are red and my eyes bright and I smile a little to myself. And I think that maybe, just maybe, if I can appreciate the beauty of myself, someone else can to. I press record, my hand still, and whisper into the chilly air,
"To be loved is to be seen."
Comments
Post a Comment