Quote of the Day



One morning she woke up different. Done with trying to figure out who was with her, against her, or walking down the middle because they didn't have the guts to pick a side. She was done with anything that didn't bring her peace. She realized that opinions were a dime a dozen, validation was for parking, and loyalty wasn't a word, but a lifestyle. It was this day that her life changed. And not because of a man, or a job, but because she realized that life is way too short to leave the key of your happiness in someone else's pocket. 



Sometimes the more chances you give
the more respect you lose.
Your standards begin to be ignored when you
let people get comfortable in knowing that
another chance will always exist.
They start to depend on your forgiveness.
That's why I'm no longer a slave to apologies.
Treat me right the first time
because I can't guarantee you a next time. 
It's impossible to keep me
once you've lost my trust.
I'm not saying you have to be afraid to lose me
what I'm saying is...
I'm not afraid to walk away. 



The more chances you give
someone the less respect they'll
start to have for you. They'll 
begin to ignore the standards
that you've set because they'll
know another chance will always
be given. They're not afraid to
lose you because they know no
matter what, you won't walk
away. They get comfortable with
depending on your forgiveness.
Never let a person get 
comfortable with disrespecting you.



-Your pal, Wendy

Comments

Popular Posts