Your Choice

God life is hard. Life is hard and life can REALLY suck sometimes. But, what else can you do except get up and keep moving? There really isn't a choice because giving up is losing and I can't stand losing in a game like that. Lately I've been thinking about the two kinds of people in this world. Pessimist and optimist. I've been thinking about perspective. How do I look at the world? Am I a pessimist or an optimist? I guess I've never really given it any thought. The way I see it is, you can either get bitch slapped in the face by life and get up laughing and saying "You hit like a bitch." or you can stay down with your head bowed and give up. Simple, right? Giving up takes nothing but getting back up takes everything. It can be harder some days, maybe even most days, but would you rather stay in a heap on the ground or rise to your feet and live another day to see a beautiful sunset? To see a little kid laugh? Because maybe that one thing can get you through the day. Sometimes we are only given what we need, no less no more. I guess it's what you do with it that makes a difference. You can either show the harsh, cruel world that you don't care and that you want to give up or you can show them that "Damn it, I'm not going to lose to you even if it nearly kills me." You can stand up and put one finger in the air and smile. You can put a smile on a baby's face or even save someone from getting run over. But if you're huddling on the ground, your face in the dirt, then it's impossible to see the little joys of being alive. You can't see the sun, blue sky, pink flowers or even smell the fresh bakery down the road. You can't save someone from getting run over or make a kid smile. You can't spend time with the people you love or read your favorite book. When you're knocked down in the dirt, you just have to have enough will to look lift your head up a little and look at the little joys of life and who's standing by you through it all. Even when you feel like the whole world's against you, it's still YOUR choice whether you stand and smile through it all, or fall to your knees and give up. No matter how beaten down you are, how exhausted or sad, IT'S STILL YOUR CHOICE AND YOUR LIFE. And you only have one. Make it count.



Your pal, Wendy

Comments

Popular Posts